Advertisement

Salvia Divinorum in NC

topic posted Fri, May 4, 2007 - 3:33 AM by  Rustic Rambler
Share/Save/Bookmark
Salvia Divinorum has hit the NC media radar this morning, with WXII's story on the web:

www.wxii12.com/health/132...detail.html

These kinds of stories have been appearing all over the country in the regional press and media, and it is unclear whether this is the result of local concern or DEA propaganda. The WXII reporting is relatively unbiased as most of these articles go, but it is this kind of media campaign orchestrated by Harry Anslinger that caused Marijuana to become illegal in the 1930's.
posted by:
Rustic Rambler
North Carolina
Advertisement
  • Re: Salvia Divinorum in NC

Fri, May 4, 2007 - 5:15 AM
    If you watch Sen. Hagan's extended interview, she reveals that this really is a media hype campaign - she had never heard of Salvia Divinorum until WXII asked her about it. After checking, she heard no complaints from NC police and law enforcement. This is headlines on the net at WXII12.com and I'm sure it is being broadcast on TV also, so who is behind the story?

Mon, May 7, 2007 - 8:24 PM
      good post my brother, I appreciate the heads up

I live in Greensboro, and I have bought Salvia from the store mentioned in the story....

Kay Hagan obviously know nothing about salvia.....she had to call people to get the scoop
      .....and whats to be expected when you gather information so quickly.....she thinks she saving children because slavia is labeled a drug.....

cant knock it, till you try it Senator Hagan.....

Mon, May 7, 2007 - 9:18 PM
    "Scientists said it is the most potent naturally occurring drug and could be more dangerous than marijuana or LSD."
    OMG! That dangerous????? I am wondering what they mean by dangerous?

Mon, May 7, 2007 - 10:38 PM
      The pattern is not hard to recognize: the Inquisition can't stand that SD has been vindicated at the federal level, so they have pre-fabricated bad-press kits for the undercover people at the state level. They go find some self-righteous uninformed reationary do-gooder to introduce absurdly harsh state legislation the day after they throw the local news a 'scoop' with all the alarmist catch phrases embedded in the script, and voila! They just hope they can ride through on the utter lack of information or public comment in committee to nail it before there is any meaningful analysis about the greater good, religious rights, medical value, etc.

Tue, May 8, 2007 - 12:18 AM
        I mean I have always found those two sacraments and SD to be dangerously beneficial to my mental space in revealing so many of the fucking lies which our society depends upon for perpetuating the slavery of the mind and controlling the sheep!

Wed, May 9, 2007 - 6:03 AM
          I have to agree Trance, also with others but if a certain item say Sally D allows and individual the freedom to roam outside the pattern and program of Western modernity making the robotic seize of mind ineffective the controlling sheep (I love that term btw) seek to ban it. But yet its ok for parents to give a 4 year psychotropic drugs to "balance" out and make "normal" a highly functioning autistic child in preparation for his entry to Catholic school --as is one case in one nearby school--our system is so behind in this respect. SD has illuminated the dark cavernous depths of mind allowing me to plunge the ocean of Being more clearly. Folks like us just need to continue speaking out and doing our part in the cause of eliminating the shackles of this culture.
          Had I known that a shop in Greensboro sold SD I would have stopped by when I was in NC in early April, the wife and I took a trip to Asheville, and the surrounding area, hiking Chimney Rock (where they filmed in part "The Last of the Mohicans") I have not posted pics yet but the view is incredible, and those from NC can perhaps vouch for that view, one can see for many miles all around --I took a video and will post it soon, --we also hit the Cherokee Reservation, went mining in Franklin and ate gator and native dishes at a fantastic restaurant called "Spirits on the River".

Wed, May 9, 2007 - 8:07 AM
            I think at it's simplest level the problem is that you can score points as a politician railing against drugs, and you will almost certainly look bad if you try to check or temper outlandish accusations.

I've been following Salvia press closely for several months now and one thing I keep seeing is people saying that Salvia could cause traffic fatalities. It's pretty hard for me to imagine anyone driving in the throes of a Salvia experience, as opposed to say, i don't know, alcohol?
            • Unsu...

Re: Salvia Divinorum in NC

Wed, May 9, 2007 - 9:20 AM
              <<It's pretty hard for me to imagine anyone driving in the throes of a Salvia experience, as opposed to say, i don't know, alcohol?>>

ask jeffrey... or le spidre... or desertstorm... or greenninja ... or whatever he's calling himself these days.

and i think there's a good point to be made about fda scheduling and traffic laws. how the hell anyone manages to link these is beyond me.

Wed, May 9, 2007 - 9:14 AM
            I agree, the system doesn't want any drugs that might disrupt your programming , so SD would be out. However, if you watched all of Dr. Roth's interview, he said what I've seen written in other articles: that most people try it once or twice and that is enough. It's just too intense for most people, and that may be what will keep it from becomming illegal nationwide. I can see some concern over the danger though, it certainly makes me physically dis-functional for five minutes or so. If someone thought they could smoke it like it's marijuana then there could be problems, but you got to hold it in longer, so that probably keeps the uninitiated from getting the full effects in a lot of cases.

Being as how this article was media hype, I'm unsure whether to contact my state representatives or not about it - I don't want to bring awareness to them when it wasn't there before. I already feel like I fell victum to the hype by just posting these alerts.

A&J, I'm sure you could have found some SD in Asheville if you looked around, it's the hip center of NC, along with Chapel Hill. I live out in the country and I've been getting mine from ebay, so I haven't even checked the head shops. There's a vendor up in Floyd, VA though, a hip little town in the mountains, that I ordered some 5x from to try it out. NC isn't as bad of a place as one as one might think to live, Jesse Helms and Elizabeth Dole notwithstanding. There's lots of old deadheads up in those hills, and even in the foothills where I live. Parts of the old time music and bluegrass scenes are almost cults of old and new heads. Also it has the most liberal marijuana laws of any of the surrounding states, so it's not a bad place to live if you want to be in the country, I can't speak much for the cities - they're cities.

Wed, May 9, 2007 - 7:41 PM
              Rambler, my man, North Carolina is a GREAT place to live, grow up, and stay

The oldest mountains in the world, where much meditation takes place

The Blue Ridge has so much to it

I have spent all my 18 years on Earth's surface here in NC,

I'd be nowhere else
              • Unsu...

Re: Salvia Divinorum in NC

Thu, May 10, 2007 - 6:59 AM
                i believe a wise man once said

upon the blue ridge mountains, there i'll take my stand...
                rifle on my shoulder, six shooter in my hand...
                i been all around this world.

;)

Thu, May 10, 2007 - 11:51 AM
                >>> North Carolina is a GREAT place to live, grow up, and stay <<<

I've only been here for about 10 years, but after rambling around this country half my life, I found a place to make my stand, and I'm staying...

Sun, May 13, 2007 - 3:16 PM
                  i saw various versions of sd in many of the lil headstores around the triangle and chapel hill when i was there a few years ago...
                  i couldn't stand the conservative triangle, but every chance i got i'd skirt over to chapel hill, asheville, boon, and the various mountain ranges, commonly starting out at mt mitchell and work my way (driving, then stopping to backpack and camp) to mt rogers just above nc...
                  the energy there is like nothing ive ever experienced ;)

Recent topics in "Salvia divinorum"